Thursday 16 April 2009

You only live once… (181 days to lift off)

Every day, I receive uplifting little email titbits from The Universe (check it out at www.tut.com) and it’s cool to see when I wake up in the morning. Thing is though, I came to a realisation a few days ago that has changed my life around, without the need of anything like inspirational talks or uplifting emails. I remembered the saying “you only live once” – it’s such a powerful expression and even more powerful in its theory. Think about it, there are only a certain amount of seconds we’re all going to live – okay we don’t know the exact figure but there’s a definite limit, so why waste a single second, minute, hour, day, week or year being controlled by anything beyond our own mind. The world is your oyster; you can have, do or experience any single thing you want with the right attitude and enough effort. My life has been controlled by anxiety for over 3 years now, and although I’m kicking it in the nuts gradually, this realisation of me wasting my life in fear of my own feelings has woken me up – big time. I have a much bigger urge to break my habits, tear down my comfort zones, kill my anxiety and live the fullest life possible.

 

Back in Stoke, miss Mum’s house loads already – never said that before! Dunno what it is, maybe coz Dax isn’t back yet and Emma is away, but something doesn’t feel right about this place anymore. It doesn’t feel like home. I have to leave this house soon, I’m tired of it.

 

Anyway, back to the dissertation dudes, here’s the song that works alongside my new way of thinking, hope you like it!!

 

 

Reno x

No comments:

Post a Comment