Sunday 19 April 2009

This is England… (178 days to lift off)

I love my uni’s library. Free DVD rentals, which I take advantage of regularly, supplied  me with a copy of This is England for the weekend. I’d heard rave reviews about the film in the pas but was worried it wouldn’t be my kind of thinthis-is-englandg.I was wrong. So wrong in fact that I was so impressed I watched the film a second time straight after it ended and ordered my own copy off play.com.

Don’t want to do a huge massive review of the film because it’ll take ages to write and you won’t be that interested. Basically, it is the best film I’ve seen in a very very long time. British film making at its best, not only in story and production but also in realism – they took us back to the 1980’s so successfully. Plenty of violence in the proceeds of the film, as well as racism and general psychotic behaviour. Powerful, moving and just fantastic. 10/10.

 

Tomorrow sees the first day in the final week of uni, with the second hand in of my final projects – my Radio Comedy evaluation. Then I’ll be grabbing a hair cut, pics of the whole day will be up in the evening.

 

Chooch is coming over later, which will be ace as I haven’t seen her in over a week.

 

Here’s today’s song, it’s about the Falklands so it is quite fitting to This is England (if you know the storyline), it’s a classic track from my past so I hope you enjoy it :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment