Friday 28 November 2008

My best friend

I need to tell the world about my best friend in the entire world.

Her name is Katieface, and she's the most amazing person I've ever known.

Over the years I've had a rediculous amount of best friends, and some are still very close to me, while others aren't. Either way, Katie has stood by me - no matter what I've done or said in the past. She's the most supportive, loving, caring, wonderful person I've ever met in my life (bar my mum perhaps).

Katie doesn't realise it, but no matter what her mood is, no matter what she's doing, how tired she is, how upset she may be, how stressed she feels or how "off" she might be feeling - she is beautiful. And when I say "beautiful" I don't just mean a nice word for pretty - I mean absolutely breath taking. When I'm with her, I like to sit and stare at her, even if she isn't paying attention to me - I don't care because I can just sit and watch her. Everything about her is so delicate and fragile that you'd think a single touch would make her fall over, but in truth she's strong, willing and determined in every single thing she does.

Not only is she beautiful in a physical sense, she's an outstandingly beautiful person for because of her care for others. She always puts other people first, and never thinks of herself in a situation - Katie puts Katie last, and that is very rare. Not only that, but her inner beauty reaches out to how conscious she is of her self image and the way she acts when she's around people - when she's in clubs she's in her element and she really does shine (even when she's downing a shot).

Katie has always offered me so much, and I've not always paid attention to that fact, but I'd like her to know that I care about her more than anything and anyone (I've said that a hell of a lot of times over the last few weeks, and I really do mean it). For the time I'm left here with her at Uni, I don't want to miss a single moment of her life, because it's so precious when you think about how much time is left.

Wherever you go, whenever it is, I'm always going to be here - with open arms.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment